Two people in Texas were injured after a recent home explosion in Austin. Both of the victims suffered serious burn injuries across their bodies, for which they were hospitalized. Investigators say that the explosion was the result of a natural gas buildup, but they are still trying to figure out exactly what caused that buildup in the first place.
Many Texas families are at risk for serious injury, and the company putting them in danger does not seem too concerned about the matter. Dozens of homes have been blown up in natural gas explosions over the past 12 years, killing some victims and causing others to suffer serious burn injuries. The explosions have all been tied back to Atmos Energy Corp., which denies any responsibility for the danger lurking in many people's homes.
A tragic explosion demolished a Texas family's house and sent all four members to the hospital. They all suffered severe burn injuries, and one of the four did not survive. Authorities say the explosion was caused by an unsafe gas pipe that ran underneath the home.